Karen Hawkes is a highly experienced trademark, copyright, and business attorney with nearly two decades of experience. With a focus on both transactional and litigation work, she is well-equipped to handle a wide range of legal matters related to branding and content protection. Karen is skilled in registering and protecting brands and content on a national and international level, and she is dedicated to guiding her clients through complex business issues. Whether it’s before the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board or the USDC, Karen is a seasoned legal professional who is committed to achieving the best possible outcome for her clients.
Trademark Litigation – Sample Case Representations
- She has prosecuted and defended numerous Trademark Trial and Appeals Board Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings involving pending and registered U.S. Federal Trademarks, resulting in favorable results for her clients in numerous industries for various products and services.
- She has successfully prosecuted and defended numerous Trademark Infringement litigations involving willful infringement, false advertising and unfair business practices for business clients of all sizes and in many different industries.
- She has vetted and cleared hundreds of Trademarks for Federal and International Registration, including Intent to Use Applications and Use Based Applications.
- She has successfully registered hundreds of Trademarks in 14 counties in her career.
- She routinely drafts and negotiates international licensing agreements for Trademarks.
- She routinely drafts negotiation consent agreements and co-existence agreements for Federal Trademark Clients.
- Neiman Marcus
- Red Bull
- Royal Caribbean
- Louis Vuitton
- The Juiceman
- Discovery Channel
- Google, Inc.
- Your Baby Can Read
- Dope Wine
- AscentX Medical, Inc.
- 3041 Productions, Inc.
- Local San Diego Breweries
- Federal Trade Commission.
Adjunct Professor of Law – Trademark, California Western School of Law, Jan. 2022 – present
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Central District of California; Southern District of California
- Member – Carmel Valley Torrey View – Executive Committee
- Member – Distributors and Manufacturers San Diego
- Member – San Diego Lawyers Affinity Group
- Member – Collaboration of Professional Women San Diego
- Member – West LA Women’s Affinity Group
- Member – Pasadena Lawyer’s Affinity Group
- Member – LGBTQ & Allies LA Affinity Group
- Member – Pasadena Women’s Affinity Group – Executive Committee
- Member – Bay Area Women’s Affinity Group – Executive Committee
- Member – East Bay Women’s Affinity Group
- Member – Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- 6 Degrees
- Member – Del Mar 1
- Law Affinity Group Nationwide – Group Leader
- Lawyers Club San Diego
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- California Western School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Nevada Las Vegas (B.A.)