Austin Corporate Formation Attorney
If you are starting a new business or want to expand an existing one by starting a new entity, it is in your best interest to hire a skilled, experienced, and knowledgeable Austin corporate formation attorney to help you select the best legal structure. Since every business is unique, you want a lawyer who will carefully evaluate your business objectives and advise on the legal entity structure that best protects your interests.
The attorneys at Thorsen Legal are prepared to meet the needs of businesses and individuals in Austin and throughout Texas. We understand that choosing the right legal entity is the foundation for any successful business venture. Additionally, the right entity can protect you from collateral damage if your business is ever sued.
Which Legal Entity is Right for You?
Our experienced business formation lawyers can help you create any of the following:
- Limited liability companies (LLC)
- Limited liability partnerships (LLP)
- C corporations
- S corporations
- Professional corporations (PC)
- Joint ventures
- Sole proprietorships
- Limited partnerships (LP)
- Family limited partnerships (FLP)
- Business succession
- Merger and acquisitions
Our proven legal professionals have decades of experience in this area of law. As a firm, we have the resources and know-how to handle all issues related to corporate formation, including issues liability, financing, and taxation. Our attorneys will ensure you understand the potential benefits and disadvantages of each entity so you can make an informed decision about which one is best for you and your business.
It takes time for a business owner to turn their idea into a thriving business. For this reason, we seek on-going relationships with most of our clients. This allows us to advise them on business formation issues, and throughout the course of their business. The Austin corporate formation attorneys at Thorsen Legal take a proactive approach to ensure our clients interests are fully protected.
Steps to Forming a Legal Entity
After we have discussed your options with you and you’ve selected the best tax-conscious legal entity for your business, we help you with your business’s formation. Our attorneys are experienced with every aspect of organization and incorporation. This includes reviewing and drafting organizational, operational, and structural documents, which may include:
- Articles of incorporation
- Shareholder agreements
- Employment agreements and policies
- Operating agreements
We can assist with all legal aspects of your business startup:
- Legal entity selection – we can help you decide whether an LLC, corporation, partnership or other business structure is the right fit for your needs and business objectives.
- Filing – we can help with every part filing and business registration process with the Texas secretary of state’s office.
- Incorporating procedures and documents – we can assist with every aspect of the initial documentation, including EIN number, articles of incorporation, bylaws, opening minutes, explanations to stockholders and LLC members, your first organization meeting, and the information that we file with the secretary of state.
Contact an Austin Corporate Formation Lawyer Today
An Austin corporate formation lawyer can advise Texas businesses of all types and sizes, from entity formation of a start-up to mergers, acquisitions, restructuring, or dissolution. We are skilled in drafting all types of business contracts, from simple purchase orders to complex licensing agreements. We also focus on civil litigation to ensure your business’ rights are protected.
Our business lawyers are here to help you achieve your business formation goals. Call us today for a free consultation at 619-403-6523. Our legal team brings decades of legal knowledge across multiple industries, vast resources, and unparalleled commitment to client satisfaction. Our attorneys collaborate as a team to ensure that no matter how simple or complex your legal need is, we will do our best to find the solution you deserve.
Austin Practice Areas
- Real Estate
- Trusts & Estates